Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Visit


For only the second time in eleven years, the superintendent visited our village. It seems pretty amazing since I came from a school where he was only a floor away. Mr. Blankenship is a very nice guy and he brought us some fresh fruit, which is a sure fire way to get on my good side. He even made the teachers dinner Wednesday night.

Unfortunately for me, my class can be quite rowdy some days and Wednesday was definitely one of those days. As the superintendent walked through the school, he stopped in many of the teachers' classrooms. When he came to my door I was just about to go off on my students for not paying any attention to what I was saying. Luckily, I hadn't quite started yet and as he walked in I gave him a kind of "deer in the headlights" look. What can I say, I'm a master at making good first impressions. He only stayed for a few minutes, managing to get the students completely off task and then left. I couldn't be any more glad to see him go.

After his little visit the day did improve, which I was most thankful for. Although, I did end up staying at school until well after 7:00 p.m. Considering I get to school at 6:30 a.m. every day, it made for a long day. At least I won't have to worry about another visit from the superintendent for at least another five or six years.

No comments: